Landcare Victoria advice for donations to Bush-fire affected areas-
• Landcare Australia in conjunction with the National Landcare Network has announced a Landcare-specific appeal [here] https://landcareaustralia.org.au/donations-2/ to assist with long term recovery and provided information for the general public on the positive role Landcare plays in recovery efforts [here].
• There is also an effort to co-ordinate offers of assistance that cannot be handled locally – if you are in an affected region and need assistance please let us know what assistance you need either directly or via https://landcareaustralia.org.au/landcare-groups-support .
• Fodder & Agistment: The Victorian Farmers Federation has secured an agreement with the Victorian Government to facilitate the transport of fodder to affected regions. This includes reimbursement of freight costs for transport of donated fodder. Farmers in need of fodder or those offering donations are encouraged to contact the VFF on 1300 882 833 or firstname.lastname@example.org. There are fodder depots in Corryong and Bairnsdale. The VFF is also listing offers of agistment on the website https://vff.org.au/vff/Resources/Donations/vff/Donations.aspx
• Blazeaid is opening camps soon in Lexton, with plans for camps in Corryong and Buchan, and we know some Landcare groups and members are heavily involved with those efforts. Potential volunteers can register at [here] or blazeaid.com.au
• Landcare: Most landcare volunteers will be local, however here is registration form for volunteers for people who are outside of those areas: https://landcareaustralia.org.au/volunteer-how-you-can-help-support-landcare-groups-and-other-community-groups. This is intended to capture current enthusiasm that can be directed to long term recovery. If you are in a fire affected area and are looking for volunteers currently please let us know.
• There a large number of appeals for various aspects of fire recovery:
• Landcare Bushfire & Natural Disaster Recovery Fund: https://landcareaustralia.org.au/donations-2/
• Blazeaid: https://blazeaid.com.au/donations/
• Zoos Victoria Bushfire Emergency Wildlife Fund https://www.zoo.org.au/fire-fund/
• RSPCA: https://www.rspcavic.org/services/emergency-assistance/helping-animals-affected-by-bushfires
• FRRR: https://frrr.org.au/cb_pages/supporting_bushfire-affected_communities.php
• Other Appeals are listed at: https://about.abc.net.au/appeals